The following rules apply to the CPA Annual Exhibition.
- Only current paid up members may enter.
- Entries, addressed to the Exhibition Secretary, should be left in the club room on or before the closing date for entries (see current programme).
- Last year’s winners must return polished trophies to the Exhibition Secretary on the same evening.
- Prints must be correctly mounted on exhibition quality mounts. Name, section, class and title must be on the back of each mount. Mounts should be 50 x 40 cm in size, with the exception of Section 10 where a separate rule applies.
- Novice workers may submit prints on the 40 x 30 cm standard mounts or may use the 50 x 40 cm exhibition size.
- In Section 10, panorama mounts should be 40 cm in height with length flexible to suit the print.
- A maximum of four images may be entered in any category.
- Entrants should be aware that the PAGB, NIPA and other exhibitions may have a restriction on the maximum mount size allowed.
- All Projected Digital Images must be submitted in accordance with the NIPA guidelines which we use when submitting PDIs for a monthly competition.
- A print or PDI entered in a previous Annual Exhibition of this club is not eligible (see Note 1).
- Onus for classification rests with the entrant; however, the Exhibition Committee reserves the right to classify unclassified entries, reclassify, or reject any entry.
- The Exhibition Committee also reserves the right to publish, reproduce any entry without payment of any fee to the author, for the purposes of promoting the exhibition.
- Selected prints and PDIs will be displayed at the Belfast Central Library.
- All reasonable care will be taken with entries but we regret that no responsibility for loss or damage can be accepted.
- Entry signifies acceptance of the rules.
Note 1 – An individual PDI may be entered on three occasions – once in Section 7, and once as part of an entry in Sections 8 and 9.
Note 2 – Prints from Sections 1, 2, 3 & 4 may not be entered into Sections 5 or 6.
- Advanced: Open to winners of a 1st award in the Novice Category of a previous CPA Exhibition or an equivalent award at another club.
- Novice: Open to all members not eligible to enter as Advanced workers.